It is incredible how we spend roughly 1/3rd of our annual income on beauty products not knowing simple household ingredients that can do the job just as well, only better. Case in point - jojoba oil beauty hacks.
That's right, the nutty yet aromatic jojoba oil can do more than add sheen to your hair. It can prevent wrinkles, tackle nasty acne, boost hair growth and double up as an excellent makeup remover.
Jojoba oil happens to be a natural emollient, which locks in the moisture and adds to the lustre and suppleness of the skin.
Jojoba oil has hypoallergenic properties, which means it can remove dirt, bacteria and makeup residue from the skin, without triggering allergic reaction.
Furthermore, jojoba, unlike other natural oils, does not clog pores, and it promotes the regeneration of new skin cells and contains iodine, which kill bacteria that lead to breakout.
Added to that, jojoba oil packs a powerful punch of vitamins E and B complex that slow down the skin's ageing process and help form a protective barrier against the free radicals.
With so many benefits, it will only be fool-hardy not to include the elixir, we call jojoba oil, in our skin care routine.
So, without further ado, here are some quick tips on how to use jojoba oil on skin!
Take a few drops of jojoba oil on a cotton pad and gently scrub your face with it. When the makeup layer loosens, take a fresh cotton ball with the oil and slowly remove the makeup. Repeat it until every last residue of the makeup comes off!
Vitamin E present in jojoba oil will not just remove flaky skin but also reduce pigmentation, making your lips smooth, plump and pink.
- Take 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 5 drops of peppermint oil, ½ tablespoon of pure honey and 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil.
- Mix until all the ingredients combine well.
- Transfer the concoction in a tiny jar and use it as and when required.
This easy yet effective hair spray using jojoba oil will not just cleanse scalp, but also add shine and volume to that limp mane.
- Take 1/4th cup of distilled water, add 2 tablespoons of coconut milk, 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil and 5 drops of lavender oil.
- Transfer the solution in a spray bottle.
- Shake well and spritz it liberally through your hair and scalp.
- Comb your hair for the solution to spread evenly.
- If there is any excess solution on the scalp, blot it with a tissue paper.
Cleansing Face Mask
This jojoba oil face mask cleanses, soothes and scrubs tired skin, making it smooth and radiant.
- Take a tablespoon of ground oats, add in half a teaspoon of honey, 5 to 8 drops of jojoba oil and using rose water, whip it into a smooth paste.
- Cleanse your face and apply the mask evenly.
- Wait for 15 to 20 minutes for the mask to dry out.
- Rinse and pat dry.
This facial oil will improve your skin texture, tone and elasticity, making it radiant with each use.
- Take a tablespoon of jojoba oil as base oil, add in 5 drops of almond oil, 5 drops of primrose oil and 2 vitamin E capsules gel.
- Mix all the oils well and transfer the solution into an air-tight container.
- Use not more than 5 drops of the oil, every night to massage your face.
Whipped Body Butter
For dewy, radiant and smooth body skin, try this whipped body butter.
- Take ½ cup of pure shea butter, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil and a few drops of essential oil of your choice.
- In a double dispenser, heat the ingredients together in a low flame, until all the ingredients mix and blend well together.
- Let the solution cool at room temperature.
- Place the concoction in the refrigerator to solidify.
- When the ingredients harden, beat it rigorously, until you get a smooth frothy consistency.
- Store it in an air-tight container, and use it as your regular body lotion!
Jojoba Oil Shaving Cream
Instead of using soap or expensive shaving creams that can dry out your skin, use jojoba oil, as it will give you that close smooth shave while hydrating your skin.
If you have any more tips on how to use jojoba oil on skin, do share them with us in the comment section below!