Does washing your face twice a day help you get rid of the dirt that is embedded deep within the skin layers? NO, it does not. Cleanser just does the job of removing the surface impurities and cleansing excess grease.
For pore-clogging dirt, you need something more potent. Now, in the name of scrubbing, often people use harsh ingredients, which ends up leaving the skin dry, rough and even inflamed. That's precisely why we suggest you give the cleansing oatmeal scrubs, which have been listed below, a try!
Whether you have pimple-ridden skin or parched dry skin, oatmeal is that universal ingredient that suits all skin types. Let's take a closer look at the herbal oatmeal scrub properties.
Oatmeal is rich in antibacterial properties, which remove dead skin layers, unclog pores, kill infection-causing bacteria and relieve dry itchy skin.
Oatmeal is also packed with antioxidants, which stimulate the production of collagen fibre, making the skin supple and smooth.
To top it all off, it contains a high dose of saponin, a cleansing agent, which removes impurities and locks in the moisture, leaving your skin radiant.
Now that you know the skin benefits oatmeal can provide you with, let's get down to the Ayurvedic oatmeal scrub recipes!
Apple Juice + Rose Water + Oatmeal
High on bleaching properties, this scrub cleanses and brightens the skin tone.
- Take 2 tablespoons of grounded oatmeal and an equal amount of apple juice.
- Mix in a tablespoon of pure honey and a required amount of rose water.
- Using a fork, keep stirring it until you get a gritty paste.
- Dampen your skin and apply the concoction.
- Scrub your skin in a circular motion, starting from your feet, and then work your way towards the neck.
- Do this for 15 minutes and then rinse it clean.
Oatmeal + Honey + Yogurt
This oatmeal mask to remove skin impurities is best suited for humid weather, and for people with an oily skin!
- Mix half a cup of grounded oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Using plain yogurt, whip it into a smooth paste.
- Smear it all over your body.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes; and when it starts to flake, scrub and rinse it out.
Banana + Oatmeal + Milk
High potassium content in this scrub reduces blemishes and nourishes the skin.
- Take half a piece of ripe banana in a bowl; and using a fork, mash it until you get a fine pulp.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of grounded oats to the pulp and using skimmed milk, whip it into a gritty paste.
- Tie your hair up in a bun and apply an even coat of the scrub.
- Let it sit, till you feel your skin starts to stretch.
- Spritz some water and start scrubbing.
- Scrub in a circular motion for 15 minutes and then rinse it clean!
Coffee + Oatmeal + Olive Oil
High tannin content in this scrub removes dead cells and reduces stretch marks.
- Take 2 tablespoons of grounded oats, add in 1 teaspoon of grounded coffee power and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Keep mixing it, until all the ingredients blend well and they form into a gritty paste.
- Apply it all over your body, and keep scrubbing rigorously for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and massage with a light body lotion.
Oats + Chamomile Tea + Grapeseed Oil
This cleansing oatmeal scrub gives the skin an irresistible glow.
- Take a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of grounded oats, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 10 drops of grapeseed oil and content of two chamomile tea bags.
- Whip it all together into a paste.
- Apply it evenly all over your body.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and then scrub for another 10 minutes.
- Rinse it out thoroughly with plain water, and avoid using soap.
Brown Sugar + Oatmeal
This mask removes impurities from the skin and reduces the appearance of cellulite with time.
- Take ½ a cup of brown sugar, mix in 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You can also add 10 drops of essential oils of your choice for that added goodness.
- Mix it all well.
- Wet your skin slightly and scrub in the concoction in a circular motion.
- After 20 minutes, cleanse your skin with plain water.
Orange Peel + Lemon Oil + Oats
Packed with citric acid and vitamin C, this scrub energizes the skin and makes it glow.
- Take a tablespoon of orange peel powder, add an equal amount of oats; and using rose water, whip it into a smooth paste.
- Add 5 drops of lemon oil and mix it well.
- Use it as your regular scrub, and cleanse after 20 minutes.
- Follow it up with a light body lotion.