Did you know that you don't really need a soap to be clean? There are natural ways in which you can cleanse your body!
Yes, soap makes you feel all squeaky clean because of how well it can lather up. Most soaps contain emulsifiers and surfactants that could strip the skin of its natural oils. Yes, that's what makes your skin look flaky after you take a shower.
And that kind of skin definitely need a lot of caring, like using a lot of moisturisers and body butters. However, there are some natural ways you could cleanse your body without having to use too much of toxins and without stripping your skin of the natural oils that make it soft and supple.
An added benefit of switching to a natural product is that it reduces the chances of skin inflammations, which means lesser chances of body acne and even boils on the skin.
Some skin types that get inflammed easily are too sensitive to store-bought cleansers. What's more, these natural substitutes of soap would be cost-effective too!
So, do check them out and try them on!
1. Clay: Any kind of clay can help cleanse your entire body by absorbing excessive oil and dirt. Go for a full body clay mask. It draws away toxins from the skin without being too harsh. You can use different types of clay as per your skin type. Fuller's earth for oily skin and red clay for dry skin are few such natural ways to cleanse your body.
2. Chickpea Flour: This is the best natural cleanser for you if you have oily skin. It can be mixed with water, rose water and even yogurt. This can help get rid of dead skin cells along with cleaning the body.
3. Buttermilk: Buttermilk, and in fact most milk products, have lactic acid that help neutralize the skin and also helps get rid of the dead skin cells, dirt and grime without being too harsh. Just massage it on to the skin and shower as you would do regularly.
4. Oil: Using oil is definitely one of the easiest and best ways to naturally cleanse skin. Apply a good amount of any oil all over your body, like coconut or olive oil, and then use a cloth to remove the traces of dirt. This helps get rid of all the dirt thoroughly.
5. Mashed Cucumber: Mashed cucumber is a really good home remedy to cleanse the body for people who have a sensitive skin. An added benefit is that it feels really cool on the skin.
6. Baking Soda: Using a paste of baking soda and water is the closest you can get to using a soap and that too naturally! This would clean up the worst of dirt from the body. And you can even add any essential oil of your choice to give it a light fragrance.
7. Honey: Honey has antibacterial properties and it acts as a mild cleanser. Apply it and leave it on for 5-10 minutes and then wash, and that's it!
8. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is one natural ingredient that cleans the skin of all the dirt and germs, and at the same time helps maintain the natural pH balance of the skin. Mix the vinegar with water and apply it all over your body for this natural body cleanser to perfectly work its magic!