The face is not the only area of the entire body that gets bogged down by pimples and acne. Body acne is a real thing, and one of the most common areas for body acne to occur is the chest. Here we will be listing down some easy home remedies on how to get rid of chest acne.
So, what is chest acne and why does it happen? Acne can happen anywhere on the body when the sebaceous glands over-produce sebum. This leads to the pores getting blocked. On normal accounts, acne also leaves dark spots behind or leads to scarring.
It is very important to leave the inflammed acne alone and not to pick at it or touch it. Picking at it can lead to infections happening and can lead to the scarring being really bad. So, instead of picking at the spots, try out these completely safe home remedies for chest acne instead.
These are all very safe and gentle and wouldn't harm you at all. What's more, they will even help soothe your inflammed skin. So, have a look at them, now!
1. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has antibacterial properties that makes it one of the best natural remedies for chest acne. This remedy can actually help heal the acne overnight. Apply diluted tea tree oil on your chest where the spots are, and leave it as it is overnight.
2. Ice: Wrap ice cubes in a handkerchief and rub it on the inflammed areas. It will soothe the burning and even help the acne go down to a great extent. Do this every day for best results.
3. Turmeric: Turmeric is one of the best ingredients for any skin problem. It is said to help with acne spots and scarring. So, this remedy would work for even the dark spots you have. Apply a paste of turmeric and honey, specifically on the spots, and wash it off after an hour.
4. Cinnamon: Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. This makes it a great remedy for acne anywhere on the body. Apply a mix of cinnamon and honey on the spots and wash it off after 15 minutes.
5. Aloe Vera Gel: There is no skin care issue that aloe vera gel can't help you with. Apply aloe vera gel all over the area that is affected and leave it for as long as you like. This will help soothe and calm the skin down.
6. Neem: Neem can be used in it's powder or paste form to get rid of chest acne. Make a paste of neem leaves and water, and apply it all over the affected area. Do this every day, till you see noticeable results. Remember to wash it off after half an hour.
7. Toothpaste: The hydrogen peroxide in whitening toothpastes helps reduce the inflammed acne by drying it out. Apply toothpaste on the spots and leave it like that overnight.
8. Baking Soda: Baking soda helps get rid of excessive sebum. Make a paste out of baking soda and water and apply it on the affected area. Wash it off within ten to fifteen minutes to get rid of chest acne effectively.