Rough stubby nails, which are chipped with uneven edges and lack lustre, well, not exactly your idea of perfectly manicured nails now, is it?
There is something seductive about having long well-shaped nails with a thin coating of luxe nail colour, right? It attracts your attention, holds it and unwittingly makes you notice your own pitiful rough nails.
Now, it is possible to grow your lady-talons, and all you need is proactive measures.
Also Read: Tips On Summer Nail Care
Step 1: Stop biting your nails even if you have the habit of doing it every now and then.
Step 2: If you have rough cuticles, moisturise it, preferably with a nutrient-rich essential oil.
Step 3: Consume a diet that is rich in proteins. Your nail is made up of keratin, the same protein as your hair is made of. So, the food that works for your hair, should work for your nails too like eggs, lean meat or whole grains.
Step 4: The last, but most important tip, reduce th amount of nail paint you apply, as the chemical present in the paint can overtime make your nails turn dry, brittle and yellow.
Other than these basic tips, you need a bit extra to pump up your nail growth and give it that natural tint. So, here is a 100% organic nail growth serum recipe that will work like a charm.
Also Read: Easy Nail Care Tips For Men
This recipe involves only two ingredients that are lemon juice and almond oil. Yes, you read that right!
Lemon juice is loaded with citric acid, which strengthens the nail, lightens nail discolouration and boosts nail growth.
Almond oil, on the other hand, is a rich source of essential fatty acids, minerals and vitamins that softens the cuticles, gives the nail its natural shine and adds strength.
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ a tablespoon of almond oil
- A few drops of essential oil of your choice
Method Of Preparation & Application
- Heat lemon juice and almond oil for about 2 minutes. Allow it to cool in room temperature.
- Add the essential oil and stir until all the components combine well.
- Using a cotton swab, apply the solution on to your nails and cuticles. Repeat this method thrice in a week for quick results.
- Store the serum in an air-tight container in a dry, cool place.
Your nail is the direct reflection of your health, so take care. Also, eat protein-rich food and do not forget to drink ample amount of water.