Body scrubs are incredibly fun to make and to use. So, let's try to make a peppermint scrub that would brighten your body skin. Listed here is the procedure on how to make a brightening body scrub with peppermint.
Most store-bought body scrubs are a little on the expensive side, especially the ones that would help your skin in the best ways possible. And the cheaper ones are obviously not as good.
What most people don't realise is that for a scrub to be perfect and do its job, it has to have some sort of an oil base, to prevent it from getting the skin too dry. And a lot of branded scrubs don't have an oil base.
This prevents the scrub from making the skin baby-soft. And trust us, with this homemade brightening scrub, your skin would be left feeling as good as new. And the best part is that you can make this body scrub with any ingredient you like. That's how versatile it is.
Would it be possible for store-bought scrubs to be that versatile? We don't think so! So, try making this homemade brightening peppermint body scrub and see for yourself.
1. Sea Salt: Sea salt is one of the best ingredients to use for a body scrub. The abrasive texture of the ingredient makes it easy for it to slough away dead skin cells. This is best to use on the body, and definitely not on the face, as it could be too harsh for the face.
2. Almond Oil: The almond oil will be the oil base that we use for this scrub. Almond oil is rich in vitamin E, which works wonders on the skin.
3. Lemon: Squeeze out the juice from an entire lemon into this mixture. Lemon is a natural bleaching agent and helps brighten the skin tone without being too harsh.
4. Peppermint Essential Oil: Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil to the mix. This makes the scrub leave a cooling effect on your skin, and at the same time, it adds a very refreshing scent to the scrub. Who said you need to spend a lot of money for a luxurious scrub of your own?
5. Jar: Put all of the ingredients in a jar or a container and mix it well. Scoop out a handful and rub it all across your body. Buff away those dead skin cells and get softer, smoother skin.
6. Shower: Get into the shower and wash away the scrub.
7. Moisturise: Even though the scrub has almond oil, a moisturising ingredient, it is very important to moisturise your skin after you get out of the shower to help maintain the softness and smoothness that the brightening body scrub would leave you with.