Lingerie is a really important part of how you would eventually look. Most people think that they can get away with wearing the wrong lingerie because who would see it, right? The wrong lingerie can often leave ugly marks on your chest, back and shoulders, and we will tell you how to avoid that.
The first step is to avoid wearing lingerie or bras that are of the wrong size and fit and definitely avoid cheaper options. But, if the inevitable has happened from wearing wrong bras, these tips will help you get rid of the marks that are usually left behind by those bras.
We wear bras every day, for most part of the day at least. We don't want that part to end up feeling like punishment now, do we?
With the right bras, you wouldn't be facing any problems of harsh marks on your body once you take off the bra, or even when you're wearing it.
But here's what you have to do when you already have those harsh bra marks and you need to soothe and heal them.
1. Loosen The Strap: Loosen the straps, so they don't make ridges and leave marks. This is one of the best and first tips to follow to avoid bra marks.
2. Put Petroleum Jelly: Put petroleum jelly on the areas where the elastic is the tightest. This ensures the area is well moisturised and that the tightness does not result in chafing of the skin.
3. Exfoliate The Under Bust: the under bust area can end up in becoming darker and red from all the chafing. This means there would be a lot of dead skin hanging around there, which means, exfoliation to the rescue!
4. Moisturise: After you exfoliate, be sure to moisturise the area too. More moisture on the area would help prevent chafing.
5. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera gel and its cooling effect can be your best friends after a hard day of wearing a bra all day long. Just apply aloe vera gel and let it heal you on its own.
6. Ice Pack: After wearing a super-tight bra all day, an ice pack can really help heal and soothe the areas that were most affected by the tightness of the elastic. Do remember this hack to avoid marks from bra straps.
7. Turmeric: Apply turmeric paste on the areas that end up getting too dark due to the pressure from the elastic. This will help whiten and soothe the marks gradually.