In summer, instead of letting the hair down, most of us like to keep it tied.
However, it could get embarrassing to tie your hair up, if your neck region is darker than your face's complexion.
We often go through great lengths to take proper care of our face, while ignoring the neck region.
Also Read: 10 Tips To Lose Neck, Chin And Face Fat
With time, the neck tends to get so dark that the difference between our face and neck becomes highly evident and unavoidable.
There are numerous natural ways to make the dark neck look clean and even-toned. But the most effective natural ingredient of them all is a lemon, the natural bleaching agent.
Lemon is rich in citric acid, which effectively lightens the skin tone to a great extent. Additionally, it is packed with vitamin C and many nutrients, which aid in removing the dead skin cells.
Also Read: 6 Powerful Homemade Neck Masks
To get optimum results, you can use lemon with other natural ingredients like aloe vera, honey, olive oil, etc.
In this article, we at Boldsky will be sharing a list of methods using lemon to effectively clean the dark neck area.
1. Lemon And Rose Water: Take 1 tablespoon of each, fresh lemon juice and rose water. Stir it well and use a cotton pad to apply it on the dark neck area. Leave it overnight and wash it the next morning. This method is ideal for all skin types.
2. Lemon And Honey: This is an excellent combo for various skin-related issues. You will need fresh lemon juice and raw organic honey for this process. Mix fresh lemon juice and a few drops of honey. Mix it well and apply it all over the neck. Leave it on for 20-25 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water. This method will significantly lighten the skin tone.
3. Lemon And Turmeric Powder: Just add a pinch of turmeric powder to freshly squeezed lemon juice. Gently apply it on the dark neck region and massage for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it thoroughly with lukewarm water. Repeat this method regularly and you won't have to hide your neck again.
4. Lemon And Tomato: Mix tomato puree with some fresh lemon juice. Apply this mix to the affected area and let it stay there for about 30-35 minutes. This is one method that you can repeat twice in a day for amazing results.
5. Lemon, Olive Oil And Honey: These 3 ingredients will moisturise your neck area and also rid it of the dead skin cells. Add 1 tablespoon each of raw honey and extra virgin olive oil to 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Massage your neck with this mixture for 25-30 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
One thing to bear in mind is that lemon makes your skin dry, so we suggest you to use it with one of these natural ingredients to get a clean, even-toned and beautiful neck.