From pudgy pooch, flabby arms to thunder thighs, it can all be effectively hidden under layers of clothes, but not the double chin! Those layers of fat tissues under your chin is out for the world to see and speculate on. DIY homemade masks can really come to the rescue in such cases.
While exercise is certainly a way to beat the saggy jowls, our hectic schedule and day-to-day exhaustion makes it impossible to invest that extra time.
What if we say a super-effective DIY homemade mask can do just that?
Here is a egg white and honey mask for double chin that has shown proven results!
Skin's elasticity depends on collagen production, which dwindles with age. Egg contains a good amount of proteins, which boost collagen, shrink enlarged pores and give your skin that much-needed lift.
Honey, on the other hand, has ample amount of vitamin C and antioxidants that restore the moisture balance, slough off the dead skin cells and promote skin regeneration.
When these two potent ingredients are combined in a mask, it not just fights off double chin, but also gives the skin the suppleness you've always craved for.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ a tablespoon of lemon juice
- 10 drops of essential oils
Method Of Use
- In a bowl, mix egg white with honey. Mix until you see the froth forming.
- Add in the lemon juice and essential oils. Whisk until all the ingredients combine well.
- Using a brush, apply the mask over your neck, concentrating mostly on the double chin area.
- Let the mask sit for 15 to 20 minutes
- Once you feel your skin stretch, spritz your face with cold water.
- Using the soft bud of your finger massage your neck in a circular motion to remove the dead cells.
- After 2 to 4 minutes, rinse your neck with cold water. Pat dry.
- Massage your neck and chin with a nourishing oil. Massage in upward strokes to dissolve the fat tissue.
Though DIY mask is certainly effective in getting rid of the double chin, its benefits are limited.
Double chin is mainly caused due to excess weight. So, to accelerate the process, exercise. Chewing sugar-free gum works on your jaw muscles as well, which in turn reduces double chin.
If you have any more methods to reduce double chin, do share them with us.