We stand on our feet all day wearing tall heels and other uncomfortable footwear. We walk on dirty roads that are polluted. We also wear footwear that causes callouses and corns.
The list of the ways we hurt our feet is extensive. So, why not spend a few hours, twice a month, to pamper yourself and treat your feet with the care that they deserve?
There are various types of pedicures that you can get at saloons. Each one of these pedicures is based on the concept of soaking feet in water.
These saloon-based pedicures also use various creams and other products to remove dead cells and cleanse your feet thoroughly.
Although relaxing and rejuvenating, saloon pedicures primarily use synthetic chemical-based products. These products look and smell great, but have parabens and other toxic compounds in them.
Soaking your feet is a crucial part of pedicures. Feet that are soaked well and with the right amount of ingredients are easier to work with.
DIY pedicures are perfect, if you are particular about using natural ingredients to pamper yourself. Homemade pedicures allow you to use nourishing liquids for soaking your feet.
Milk, honey and other ingredients make exceptional soaking and exfoliating materials. Continue reading the paragraphs below to know how to use milk to get healthy feet!
Quick And Easy Moisturising Soak
This soak is both easy to make and is budget friendly. The ingredients are easy to acquire. Milk not only moisturises your feet, but also exfoliates it. Tea tree oil relaxes your feet to a great extent. Sea salt works wonders on aching feet and reduces the ache. Sugar is a powerful exfoliant as well.
- 3 cups of milk - whole milk preferred
- 5 litres of lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of tea tree oil
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
Method To Follow
- Fill a clean tub with lukewarm water. Soak your feet for 5 minutes in it.
- Add the milk, salt and tea tree oil. Soak for an additional 15 minutes.
- Mix both the sugar types and exfoliate your feet using the brown and white sugar mixture.
- Soak your feet for an additional 5 minutes.
- File your feet using an emery board.
- Apply cuticle cream to soften the skin around your nails. Clean the cuticles.
- Rinse with warm water and dab your feet dry.
- Moisturise your feet using a mild moisturiser, you could opt for a natural one to see best results.
- Finally, you could decorate your toe nails with some nail art if you wish to do so.
Also Read: Easy Steps To Do Pedicure At Home