A lot of people face the problem of having body skin that is a lot of tones darker than the skin on the face. This is mostly because we use high levels of SPF on our faces and forget about the skin on our body. But, thankfully, there are some ways to get fairer body skin as well.
You must have noticed that your body skin looks darker than the skin on your face. Sometimes, this can be because of tanning; and if there's a lot of darkening, specifically around the neck area, then it could also mean bad hygiene.
At times, it is also because of faulty makeup, when we put a lot of foundation all over our faces, but forget to bring down the makeup to the neck to blend.
This can look very awkward and harsh because there ends up being a stark contrast between the face and the body skin.
Whatever the cause, we are sure that you would find a remedy suitable to your needs in this list. So, do try these home remedies for fairer skin on body before you go for chemically laden fairness creams.
1. Lemon: Lemon is one of the strongest natural bleaching agents to get fair skin on body. Use lemon juice all over your body 10 minutes before you shower and we assure you that you'll see a difference. Do this every day to get fairer skin in a week!
2. Turmeric: Turmeric is really good for the skin. Make a pack out of turmeric and milk and then apply it all over your body. This is one of the best ways to make your body fairer almost instantly.
3. Besan: This is another age-old remedy for fairer skin. This helps peel away the top layer of dead skin cells, hence removing the damaged skin. Mix besan with yogurt for best results and rub it all over your body till the desired time.
4. Yogurt: Yogurt by itself is a pretty good remedy to get fair skin because it has lactic acid. You can mix it with turmeric to double the effectiveness of it. These two ingredients will work together to give you really fair skin on body.
5. Sugar: This is one of the best ways to get fairer body skin! Make a scrub out of sugar and lemon juice to help get rid of dead skin cells that make the body look dark and even naturally bleach the skin to look lighter. Use this scrub once every week.
6. Oats: Powdered oats are really good for removing dead skin cells that make the skin look dull and dark. Mix oats with water or olive oil to make a scrub that you can use every week.
7. Baking Soda: Baking soda is really good for its antifungal properties, so if the skin darkening is a hygiene concern, this would be the best remedy.
8. Sea Salt: Mix sea salt with olive oil to make a scrub to get rid of dull skin, and to leave your skin glowing and brighter. The abrasiveness of sea salt removes dirt and dead skin, while the olive oil provides moisture and ensures that the skin isn't harmed.
9. Papaya: The enzymes in papaya help get rid of skin tan by breaking down the top layer of skin. This needs to be done every day till results are seen. That's how to get fair body skin at home!
10. Orange Juice: Orange juice is another really good bleaching agent. You can use orange juice that's been lying in your refrigerator for too long and is no longer fit for drinking. Rub it all over your body and keep it on for 20 minutes and then take a shower.
11. Tomato Juice: Rub tomato slices all over your body for a few minutes and then take a shower. The vitamin C in tomatoes helps make the skin brighter and this proves to be one easy way to get fairer body skin at home.
12. Potato Juice: Shred potatoes and mix in some water to it and rub it over your body. The minerals in potatoes help with lightening the skin tone effectively.