A lot of people have dry and brittle nails, especially people who are trying to grow their nails or already have big nails. For those of you out there, we've listed certain tips for brittle nails that will make your nails stronger and look even better.
People with dry and brittle nails live with a constant fear of the nails breaking, which prevents them from trying to grow them, and even if they do grow, they start peeling or breaking. Sometimes, this problem is accompanied by yellow, stained nails as well.
Putting nail polish on such nails can be even worse, as it may not allow the nails and cuticles to breathe.
Other problems of dry and brittle nails include unmanageable cuticles. A lot of people forget to take care of the cuticles when taking care of their nails.
Cuticle care is one the first steps in taking care of your nails to get rid of dry and brittle nails. You must also ensure that the nails are always moisturised well.
If the condition is really bad, you must not grow them and keep them at a very short length till they are stronger. So, have a look at these tips on how to get rid of brittle nails and keep the nails stronger.
1. Cuticle Cream: Use an oil or a cream or even a lip balm to moisturise your cuticles and push them back. Softened cuticles are easier to push back.
2. Trim: Trim your nails to a decent length every week. Longer nails have a tendency to break quite often easily.
3. Shape: Round-shaped nails are easier to break than square-shaped nails. So, make sure your nails are shaped in a square form and keep the edges blunt to avoid cuts from the nail.
4. Buff: Buff the tops of the nails to make sure there are no ridges or edges in the nails. This is one of the best tips for brittle nails to keep in mind.
5. File: File the nails, so that they get that right square shape with rounded blunt edges.
6. Clean: Make sure your nails are always clean. Ensure that there is no dirt stuck inside the nails. And regularly opt for following manicures at home.
7. Soak: Soak your nails in a mix of warm water and lemon to get the yellow stain off them and to make sure they are squeaky clean. This is one of the natural ways to get rid of brittle nails.
8. Olive Oil: Use olive oil on your nails to make them naturally healthier and shinier. This is the best way to get rid of brittle nails.
9. Lemon Oil: Mix a few drops of lemon essential oil into any other oil of your choice to get your very own nail oil that smells so refreshing because of the lemon.
10. Lip Balm: Use any basic lip balm to condition your cuticles and then soften and push them back in. This is a really important step to getting rid of brittle nails.
11. Petroleum Jelly: And if you don't wish to use lip balm, you can just use petroleum jelly for the very same purpose. That's how you can get rid of brittle nails which will work wonders.
12. Almond Oil: Almond oil is one of the best oils for good skin and hair, so it would be a really good way to naturally strengthen your weak, brittle nails.