Dark underarms is an extremely common skin problem that 7 out of 10 women suffer from. It stops women from wearing sleeveless outfits at special occasions.
It is embarrassing to have dark underarms and the causes for the discolouration are plenty. Waxing, usage of razor, excessive use of deodorants, etc, lead to dark underarms.
This discolouration can be really hard to get rid of at times and using chemicals to treat the issue may further lead to undesirable effects.
Luckily, there are a myriad of natural remedies that can be used to whiten the dark underarms.
Needless to say that these ingredients are safe, affordable and highly effective. They do not damage a sensitive skin either.
Right usage of certain natural ingredients can work wonders to remove the dead skin cells and effectively lighten the dark armpits. However, you'll have to make sure to use these packs on a regular basis.
The packs of some natural ingredients work unbelievably in lightening the dark armpits. You'll be surprised to notice the amazing results!
In this article, we at Boldsky have compiled a list of 5 pack recipes that will give you the desired result, have a look.
1. Lemon And Yogurt:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of each, yogurt and freshly squeezed lemon
- Mix it to make a fine paste and apply it on the dark
- Gently massage the affected area for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry the area.
The bleaching property of the lemon teamed with lactic acid in yogurt will effectively remove the dead skin cells and lighten the dark underarms.
Also Read:Using Grapes For Underarm
2. Orange Peel And Rose Water:
- Peel a ripe orange and let the skin dry under the sun for a few
- Grind the peel into a powder.
- Take 2 tablespoons of rose water and add it to the
- Mix it to make a fine paste and apply it on to the dark
- Massage for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
This pack is essential for exfoliating the dark underarms and also whitening them.
3. Baking Soda And Water:
- Take 3 tablespoons of baking soda and add 1 tablespoon of water
- Mix it well and then apply the thick paste on the
- Leave the paste for 15-20 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
Apply this pack twice in a week for remarkable results.
4. Cucumber, Turmeric And Lemon:
- Extract the juice of a fresh cucumber.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to
- Apply the pack on the affected area and let it sit for about
- Wash with lukewarm water and pat dry.
This pack will lighten the dark area and also prevent further discolouration of the underarms.
5. Milk, Curd And Gram Flour:
- Take 2 tablespoons of milk and mix it with 1 tablespoon of
each, curd and gram flour.
- Apply this pack on the dark underarms and gently massage
- Rinse it thoroughly after 15-20 minutes.
Rich in vitamins and fatty acids, when mixed with curd and gram flour, milk can lighten the dark underarms to a great extent.