There are some beauty secrets for this summer that can keep your body cool and will work on your complexion.
Beauty Secrets To Cool Your Body:
1. Take Head Bath: Most of us, especially women, do not go for head bath everyday. It's summer time and the sun is all ready to destroy your scalp, thus making it itchy and dry. So, it is important that you take a head bath everyday to keep your scalp fresh and clean.
2. Wash Your Feet: You cannot possibly take more than 2 baths in a day. So, what do you do when you feel uncomfortably hot? Wash your feet at every opportunity that you get. It helps release body heat. It is an ancient cultural practice to put water on your feet first. This practice has been seconded by scientific researches.
3. Cooling Spots: The spot behind your neck (joining the head to the shoulder), is the cooling spot of your body. If you drip some cold water on this spot after a hot day's work, it cools your body immediately. You will feel a hot rush leave your ears releasing the pent up heat in the body.
4. Mud Packs: The three tricks mentioned above are short cuts to get immediate relief from summer heat. Mud packs are a great way to combat the rising mercury levels. The bonus here is that you get long term relief from acne and painful heat boils as well. Fuller's earth or multani mitti (Fuller's earth) has the most noticeable cooling effect on the skin. You can go for face packs or whole body mud wraps, depending on your convenience.
5. Sun Protection: Sunscreen lotions have the worst effect on body heat. It is usually oily and clogs your skin pores. As you cannot sweat it out, your body temperature rises. Try using natural sunscreens to avoid this problem.
6. Remove Sun Tan With Chillers: Rose water and sandalwood paste are two natural ingredients that remove sun tan. They also have a chilling effect on your body. Mix sandalwood powder with rose water and apply this summer face pack to get a glowing skin.
7. Eat Cool Stuff: During summers, you must try and keep yourself cool from within. Eat fruits and vegetables that have a cooling effect on your body, like cucumber and yogurt. You can also eat foods that have a very high water content, like watermelon.Do not forget to drink water. Dehydration is a common summer health problem.
These beauty tips will help you let out some heat and keep your body cool in the summers.
Subscribe to Boldsky