So if you are caught in a dilemma of whether or not to way Holi
in 2012, chuck it. You can play Holi and still have clean nails
with these home remedies that are best.
Home Remedies To Clean Nails After Holi:
1. The reason why your nails are worst hit is that you do most of the colour playing with your hands and they are constantly soaked in colour. The Holi colours get lots of time to settle down on your skin and nails.
2. No, angry scrubbing will not help you. The more you rub, the deeper the colour will seep so stop, take a deep breath and think. The first thing we wash after we are done playing Holi is our hands because white nails is a fetish that few can deny. We will say leave your hands for the last because it is with your hands that you will clean the rest of your body.
3. Never ever soak your hands in hot water. Hot water makes the colour stick to your skin and your nail will not be an exception to this. Use room temperature water or cold water is even better because it's summer already.
4. Lemon like always can be your savior. The citrus elements in lemon helps you get rid of the Holi colours that have stuck inside your nails. Lemon is anyway used as one of the best home remedies for white nails.
5. In the same vein, vinegar too can help. You can try soaking your nails in vinegar after Holi 2012 and see if the colour leaves. Again the citrus elements come into picture here.
6. Another one of those truly useful Indian home remedies is to use Amchur powder (dry mango powder) to remove the colours. Looks like all the cleaners are sour.
7. This was about getting the colours off but before you play Holi you can apply nail polish on your nails. No point using a light colour because it will absorb colour. Try black or deep blue so that it covers your dismal nails until the colour wears off on it's own.
8. The specific problem with nails is that they are dead cells that get deposited rather than grow. So it stays longer than the live skin. The advantage however is that you can scale your nails in your manicure/pedicure sessions to remove the coloured layer.
These tips should help you have clean nails even if you have played the wildest Holi of your life.