Dandruff has become a big problem to all men and women as it is sometimes associated with inefficient hair care. But nothing could be further from the truth - anyone who has dandruff knows that! but still isn't able to find a good solution. If you're troubled by that snowy, dust-like stuff that falls from scalp to shoulders, you should understand that everyone has dandruff to some degree.;
Dandruff occurs when the scalp sheds dead epidermal (skin) cells in large clumps. Dandruff scales appear dry, white or grayish, appearing as small, unsightly patches, especially on top of the head. It is caused by poor diet, sluggish metabolism, hormonal imbalance and sometimes infection. Dandruff produces increased cell renewal on the scalp that is often associated with the increase in sebum. The scales normally absorb the excess oil but if the problem is left untreated, it will become worse.
Try some of these remedies...;
- A light massage with hot oil helps remove scales. Pure coconut oil, almond oil or olive oil should be used and left overnight. Next morning one hour before shampooing, the juice of one lemon should be applied to the scalp. ;
- Henna is also known to control dandruff and promote healthy hair growth. Henna powder mixed with lemon, curd or egg is good for curing dandruff. ;
- Apply curd on your hair leave it for about half an hour and then wash it with shampoo. ;
- Pour apple cider vinegar on the scalp, massage, let dry for a few minutes then wash hair as normal. Repeat this process every day until dandruff disappears (usually within a week). ;
- Add baking soda to your shampoo. Mix Well. Leave it on till it starts burning. If it doesn't start to burn its not working.
- Crush two aspirin and add to your normal amount of shampoo you use to wash your hair. Apply the mixture on hair and leave it on for one to two minutes. Rinse well and ensure all the aspirin has been washed away.
- 10-15 minutes before you wash your hair, rub a lot of aloe vera gel into your scalp. Leave it on for 10 minutes, and shampoo your hair like you regularly do. Doing this everyday will keep your dandruff away.
- A cure for Dandruff is Witch Hazel. Soak cotton ball with the hazel and dab it on your head. Or you can wash your hair with witch hazel. Either way works just fine. Do this for about a week and you'll be dandruff free. Do it once every 3 days.
Scrupulously wash all your combs and brushes regularly to keep dandruff from relapsing. Use a mild shampoo with an anti-dandruff action that gently loosens scales and prevents new ones. Avoid excessive use of hair dryers. Rethink your diet and lifestyle. Learn relaxation techniques if your problem is caused by stress. If the problem still persists consult your doctor.;